FASHION DESIGN ASSISTANT
Dakota501 is looking for an innovative Fashion Design Assistant who can contribute creatively to our Melbourne team. We are seeking responsible, creative, fun, and dependable individuals who are devoted to pursuing a career in fashion or retail.
- Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign capabilities.
- Must have a sound knowledge of garment construction in order to complete clear, detailed and accurate garment sketches and specifications.
- Tertiary qualification in fashion.
- Keen observation for determining colour schemes, patterns, and designs
- Knowledge of different types of fabrics and its identification
- Designing and visualization skills
- Knowledge of garments and technology
- Commercial awareness with business orientation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines during busy periods.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work independently but can also contribute ideas to the creative team.
- Must be proactive and have a creative flair and a passion for fashion.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Visualizing a designing idea/concept as per the current trend analysis, sketching rough and detailed drawings of design using Illustrator and Photoshop or by hands, and mentioning the specifications like colour combination, use of fabric, material type, process of details designing, and accessory requirements for further reference
- Examining the look of sample garments on models
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of current and upcoming fashion trends, noticing the general trend in fabric, colour scheme, and shape of the garment, predicting the later advancement in upcoming trends, and developing fashion range accordingly
- Preparing budget on garment design using fabric, accessories, and other materials as per financial agreement and pricing the garments accordingly.
- Assist with creating Import enquiry packs and prepare specification sheets for production.
- Arrange and preparing samples for photoshoots.
- Keep the sample library and fabrics tidy and organised.
- Photograph and document local, overseas and development samples as they arrive.
If you are looking for a challenge and variety in the work place then this is a great opportunity. This is a role is suitable for a creative person with a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in the fashion industry.
For further information please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org